Kalamazoo, MI: On Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 3:07 pm, Kalamazoo Public Safety officers responded to a report of a dryer fire inside of a residence in the 400 block of Ingleside Terrace. Upon arrival, officers found that the fire had already spread into the kitchen area of the home. Public Safety officers encountered heavy smoke and fire conditions inside the residence. Officers were able to quickly knock down and extinguish the fire within 20 minutes. There were no injuries as a result of the fire. The incident is currently under investigation by the Kalamazoo Fire Marshal.
Anyone who may have information regarding this investigation is asked to call Kalamazoo Public Safety at 337-8994 or Silent Observer at 343-2100 or kalamazoosilentobserver.com.
By authority of: Sgt Danielle Guilds
Date: April 7, 2016
Address: 150 E. Crosstown Parkway, Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Contact: Captain Jim Mallery, Operations Division, 337-8142